What are the best solar panel battery backups?
Solar panel battery backups are being installed at an increasingly rapid rate during solar panel installations. These batteries are installed alongside your solar panel system to store the excess energy the solar panels produce. The ability to power your home when the power goes out, help reduce electricity costs, and provide electricity back to the utility company are just some of the reasons people are adding the battery backup component to their solar panel installations. So, what are the best solar panel battery backups on the market?
Having the best solar batteries will help you save the energy your solar panels produce during the day. Being able to identify the best batteries for your solar panel system will help you make the right choice to power your home during blackouts. Sunshine Renewable Solutions has partnered with the best solar battery backup companies. These companies are producing the best solar panel battery backups on the market based on their capacity, efficiency, and cost. Let’s take a look at each of them in more detail:
- LG – LG offers the LG Electronics ESS. This is a state-of-the-art home energy management system designed for homeowners ready to take control of their home energy usage. The LG ESS comes in both an AC-coupled and DC-coupled configuration; the 7.6kW DC-coupled solution and the 5kW AC-coupled solution.
- Sonnen- Sonnen delivers one of the world’s safest, longest-lasting, and highest quality energy storage systems by using lithium iron phosphate batteries that reliably and safely power homes and protect home investments in renewable energy for the long run. Sonnen currently have 2 Battery backup Products, ecoLinx and eco.
- Tesla- Tesla makes the Powerwall. The Powerwall is a compact and straightforward battery that stores solar energy. It is an entirely automated system that installs easily and requires no maintenance. In the event of a grid outage, Powerwall automatically provides backup power and easily integrates with solar to ensure your home or business is powered 24/7.
- Sol-Ark- This veteran-owned company mission is to help families be less dependent on power grids in an affordable way. Sol-Ark batteries require no maintenance, have the lowest cost per cycle, and last 7+ years. Sol-Ark’s PPC-220 battery is a partial charge carbon sealed AGM.
- Enphase – Enphase has built Ensemble energy management technology that helps keep your energy always on. When the power grid is down, the battery will provide power, and when the power grid is up, the technology will help you save money. They are two options, the Encharge 10 storage system, and the Encharge 3 storage system.
A well-designed solar and backup system can provide you power during an outage as well as give you the ability to sell back energy your solar panel system is creating. If you have been considering a battery backup option, now is the time to act. Sunshine Renewable Solutions is here to help. Contact us today to get all the information you will need to ensure your battery backup is in place.